Learn how Bay Family Eye Care is addressing COVID-19.
- Come to your appointment alone. No one accompanying you will be permitted into the office. If the appointment is for a minor child then 1 parent will be permitted. If the appointment is for someone that is elderly and they need assistance then one caregiver will be permitted.
- Call us from your vehicle when you arrive.
- If there is no answer please call us back again in 2-4 minutes (The check-in process is done over the phone now so we may be on the line when you call).
- We are now offering retinal imaging in lieu of dilation to speed up your time in the office. The fee for the imaging is $49 regular or $69 for diabetic. Routine eye exams are required to do one or the other in order to be seen. Dilation adds approximately 20-30 minutes to your examination time. If you book an appointment and opt to not do either there is a $50 cancellation fee if not notified within 24 hours of your appointment.
- We will collect all copay's/payments over the phone.
- Put on your mask.
Please note if you are late you will be asked to reschedule. Masks are REQUIRED to be worn at all times in the office and must cover your nose AND mouth.
Contact us with any questions. We are here for you.
March 18, 2020
Bay Family Eye Care will be following the updated CDC guidelines and will defer all non-urgent care through March 31, 2020. We will continue to update you as this situation evolves.
Our team will monitor calls and emails daily.
If you are experiencing an urgent or emergency eye problem (moderate to severe discomfort or pain, loss of vision, light sensitivity) we are prepared with enhanced protective procedures to assist you.
If you have already placed a glasses/contacts order we will be offering curbside pickup by appointment Saturday 10-12.
If you are taking a prescribed medication and need a refill please contact us, we will refill medications when possible.
We are all adjusting to the new norm, and we all need to do our part in this time of social distancing. Please wash your hands. Don’t touch your face, eyes, nose, and mouth.
Best wishes to you and your families to stay healthy and safe during this time.
The Team at Bay Family Eye Care
March 17, 2020
We sincerely hope you, your friends and family are healthy during these potentially stressful times.
During this heightened flu and COVID-19 season, we want to inform you of the enhanced protective measures our office has implemented to keep our patients and our team safe and healthy. We will remain open unless otherwise instructed by local public officials.
If anything in red listed below applies to you, then your appointment will have to be rescheduled.
- If you have traveled outside of the United States or are coming from abroad in the last 14 days.
- If you have been in close contact with a person confirmed to have COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
- If you have a fever or symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, difficulty breathing, or you just aren't feeling well (Applies to Routine Vision and Medical Observation visits – Emergency Visits see below).
Effective immediately All scheduled appointments will have a Non-Contact temperature reading of your forehead at check-in. If you or anyone accompanying you has a temperature that is 100.4 or above, you will be rescheduled at least 21 days later.
In order to follow social distancing requirements we ask that you limit the number of persons with you strictly to the appointed person and if a minor child, one adult. No additional family members will be permitted during social distancing requirements.Emergency Visits - such as pain, light sensitivity, or sudden decrease in vision will continue to be seen same day even if febrile. In these circumstances, if a fever is present but, no foreign travel or COVID-19 exposure then a mask will be provided and required to be worn at all times in our clinic. Foreign travel or COVID-19 exposure cases will be referred to the nearest emergency hospital.
We are now offering curbside glasses and contact lens pickup. Just make sure to call ahead as this is by appointment only. Once you arrive pull up to the sidewalk right outside our door and give us a call to let us know you are here. This is ONLY for paid supplies of contact lenses not trial lenses.Contact us with any questions. We are here for you.
Bay Family Eye Care, LLC